This very simple website is the first small step in a long-term, big project: recovering the histories of the dozens of communities inundated by river development projects — especially large dams — in the American West in the twentieth century. If you know, or even have a hunch, about such communities, please leave a comment! Some examples of what you might share:
- The name and location of an inundated community
- What happened to that community? Was it moved?
- When was the community drowned?
- What dam or other river development project led to the community’s inundation?
- What historical resources about that community are available? Local archives, museums, avid collectors of historical memorabilia from the area, etc.
Thanks for participating in this exciting project!